Aquablast / Wetblast cleaning and surface finnishing - AVAILABLE NOW at ISL.
Considered the 'Rolls Royce' of blast cleaning processes, Aquablast (also known as Wetblast or Vapourblast) cleaning is quick, extremely effective and gentle.
The process provides component cleaning, degreasing and finishing in one operation. Compared with dry blasting it is less aggressive and leaves a clean, bright superior surface finish that resists marking and fingerprinting.
|We offer subcontract and one-off VapourBlast cleaning services at our Manchester job shop.
Fast and efficient, WetBlast is not an expensive process...
- Low abrasion - can be used on fine and machined surfaces.
- Leaves satin smooth, easy clean surface.
- Can clean, degrease and finish in one operation.
- Excellent surface corrosion prevention and recovery on aluminium castings.
- Safe, dust free process.
- Die cleaning
- Cleaning and keying composite surfaces prior to bonding
- Surface conditioning in medical and other components
- Fabulous 'as new' degreasing and decarbonising for remanufacture/refurbishment works on automotive and other parts.
How does it work?
- Slurry media made up of water, detergents and mildly abrasive glass or other bead is pumped to the delivery head where it is accelerated using compressed air. ISL are able to quickly vary process pressure, flow and media grades/types to fine tune the required surface finnish.
Works well on:
- New or used parts
- Aluminium castings or extrusions
- Brass, bronze and copper alloys
- Stainless steel (provides excellent alternative to pickling processes)
- When using abrasive media on galleried components (eg automotive cylinder heads with oil galleries) it is essential to incorporate effective post process cleaning. ISL offer in-house rotational flood and ultrasonic aqueous cleaning that ensures removal of all media from those hard to reach places ...
If you have one or one thousand parts for finishing, cleaning or restoration contact ISL now and book your trial slot...